Thursday, February 5, 2009

it's illegal in real life

The funny thing is what we did prior to the Super Bowl.
Based on worries expressed and words of caution, my family (especially my sister) thinks it was an orgy or a drugfest or some sort of madhouse drinking party.

We played Monopoly.
The kind with electronic banking. Smooth sailing.

Within a short number of revolutions around the board I had wheeled and dealed my way into hotels on the 3rd least valuable properties (a favorite strategy of mine), I had accumulated immunities1 on all the airports (railroads) and a 4 time immunity on the second most valuable property on the board. I also owned a small number of properties elsewhere, including both of those vicious dark blue properties near GO and had the most cash on hand in the game.

If that STUPID footieball game hadn't begun I could have taken over the corporate world in mere turns!!! TURNS I SAY!


i've always been curiously efficient at that game.




1. I like playing grown up because you can add all sorts of fun things into the trading process, such as immunity to rent, profit sharing, payment plans, promissory notes, property loans (with or without accumulating interest), funding, and future considerations. Nothing like turning a children's game into a cutthroat flexing of financial muscle.

1 comment:

  1. i've always been terrible at that game.
    mr. monopoly is always very jolly looking though. maybe it's cuz he's so plump :)

    oureudes.
    our eudes, what ever those are...but we have them!

    ReplyDelete