Thursday, February 5, 2009

don't read this

I thought about this last night and wasn't going to post about it because I thought it was dumb but then today I watched a video with David Lynch and he said the same thing. I think it's a sign to post about it.
Besides. How often have I posted something retarded? (often)
Forget fear.

I thought about what makes me, me. Everything I have is called mine but what actually makes me able to possess those things? My body. My mind. My soul. Myself. No matter what I use, there's always possession taking place. How can I reach the core, ME. I own my body, it is mine. I own my mind. I own my soul and even my SELF. But as David Lynch said, the SELF is the most abstract idea you can come up with. You can't describe the self in any way, shape, or form. It is simply a combination of everything that makes me who I am. But it isn't that. There must be something deeper. Something in the darkest depths of my very being that makes me, Me. To avoid possessive pronouns, it can only be called "Me".
But I can't go any deeper. I can only settle for the abstract image of a self. And I guess I'm okay with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment