Sunday, September 21, 2008

serenity and innocence come to mind

I noticed it on a long stretch of sidewalk.
(I do most of my good thinking in transit)
the record player in my head played a familiar song
maybe too familiar...
the record skipped too often,
the needle had worn the groove far too deep
i filled in the gaps with my own notes
sometimes melodic, more often dissonant.
dissonance always made me feel better
the plastic spider ring lay on the concrete
moving towards me in perfect stride.
though it might have been my feet taking steps.
it didn't feel like it.
its not every day you find treasure.

2 comments:

  1. i used to collect plastic spider rings. i'd wear them all over my hands, i was always the fashionalbe child. :P

    lovely words, as usual dear.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* you're probably right. you're such a good egg. and i'm such a hostile egg. can eggs be hostile? if they can then i spose i am...

    i usually can't breathe properly.
    it's better now that i got my nose fixed up though.
    and people are usually better off when they don't listen to me.
    but i understand your roort.
    and i must respond with a well placed 'jdzsm.'

    ReplyDelete