Saturday, January 17, 2009

in vain

We used to talk. I mean, really, talk. We could talk about anything, and at any time. Especially at night. Lately, however, its like I'm talking to a wall. I sit directly in front of you, leaning slightly forward, elbows to knees, while you stare straight ahead, making genuine attempts to keep gravity from letting your eyes fall upon mine. The most I can get from you are short answers to my questions, like an interview rather than conversation. A wall. No worries, I quit. There are three other walls in this room anyway.

3 comments:

  1. i think you're actually in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gah. what is going on with the 'comment as' part of these comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the poor dear. i hate it when my volume knob is broken--i'm always terrified it'll never be right again. a singer with no voice is a sad singer indeed. the same goes for a bass who can only bring herself to whisper. :( this is sad ande. why sad?

    ReplyDelete