Thursday, January 22, 2009

Circulation

I went to the grocery store today. I couldn't buy much, I probably shouldn't have bought what I did, I hear fasting works, but I felt guilty looking at all their intricately marketed merchandise and walking out empty handed. I had to get out anyway. I walked to the beat of music that is good for any rainy day except that today wasn't rainy, it was actually quite sunny, but the music was good for rain. I didn't notice it until reflection, but I realize now that everyone that surrounded me was a zombie. No one smiled, no one squinted, no one opened their mouths to talk. Blank expressions veiled everyone's true emotions and stiff, invisible rails guided their movements throughout the city. An exception: the store clerk was actually quite nice. Perhaps its my imagination, perhaps its the rainy day music or even more likely, perhaps its true. I had to explain how to listen to a record today. That always brings joy to my heart. Head. Mind. Something. Ego. I disagree. Silence is overrated. Or even more likely, I don't remember experiencing true silence. Without music in my ears, there's music in my head and that is just as loud, is it not? Yes. Not always. Turn it up. Turn it up. When the music's over, turn out the lights. Turn out the lights. Turn up the lights. Turn it up. Up. I don't remember what song is on my iPod now. I remember the song in my head though. They aren't the same. I don't remember. I can't remember. Vitamin B6 aids memory.
Not one soul tried to eat me today. What does that say about me?

1 comment:

  1. That you are not tasty today. One must watch for dragons for they think we are crunchy and quite tasty with ketchup.

    blocho.....

    ReplyDelete