Tuesday, January 27, 2009

bore bore bore

Bored out of my mind, I stared out into the empty library when right onto the circulation desk plopped a cape petrel and then a second. Mildly confused, I again looked out into the library and the speckled blue carpet began to move. It began to thrash into water and shelves of books melted into ships. The three oak tables had vanished and were replaced by a fleet of clippers, upon which I leaped and was swiftly greeted and briefed by my first mate. Breathing in lung-fulls of salty air, I gazed into the white sky and began shouting orders I never knew I knew. Cannons blasted as we fought off the bookshelf-ships but on the verge of victory, my supervisor pulled me down from the table and scolded me for my yelling and my conduct.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an average day in the life to me. :)

    It makes me so happy you try to figure out my songs.

    I'm pretty sure I'm going to the retreat. Are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you but you comment on a friends blog so I thought I check your blog out. Really awesome. Did you really do that? either way it is pretty funny. And also very imaginative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well although I am a bit dissapointed I will say that I greatly agree with some of your music interests. (mewithoutYou, Becoming the archetype, death cab for cutie, just to name a few)

    ReplyDelete