Saturday, January 10, 2009

to give this a title would give it recognition

I turned on my desk lamp and the sight of the bulletin board on the wall in front of my desk surprised me. I didn't expect to see it. I just turned on the light. So I turned it off. Looking around, I see a computer screen outlined in pitch black on three sides. The fourth sits a partially illuminated keyboard with two reaching hands pounding keys endlessly. Looking around still lie faint, distant shapes of instruments and furniture and possibly even a floor. I don't trust the existence of any of these shapes, I've been fooled before. I like it better like this. Dark. Silent. I don't bother turning lights on anymore. It seems so foolish. They all need turned off again eventually. Sometimes I'm still afraid of the dark.

2 comments: