Sunday, December 7, 2008

MSNBC

I was watching television one day and I flipped to the channel where the war was being broadcast. I watched in serenity, commenting on the deaths of individual soldiers driving forward across trench and barbed wire. I booed the theatrics of dramatic deaths and cheered the marksmanship of those who hit their targets with accuracy and precision. When bombs went off I became impatient waiting for the smoke to settle. I applauded the arrival of reinforcements for both sides because it meant pushing back the scheduled programming in favor of viewing the conclusion of the battle. Then I realized that the television was a window, and the battlefield, my front yard.

1 comment:

  1. War is not healthy for children and other living things.
    (Blacklight poster popular in the late 60's - early 70's)

    rativest
    (I have a vest that is very very very old and is quite ratty)

    ReplyDelete