Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I wonder if footnotes ever need socks...

It started as a hole in the wall, one quarter of a centimeter wide. The problem was, it was directly in my line of vision.1 I took the tip of a mechanical pencil2 and penetrated the plaster, using the pencil as a lever,3 forcing more plaster from the wall. To my surprise, making the [w]hole bigger simply put more absence4 in my view. My only solution was to remove more plaster. I found a small claw hammer5 and it clawed itself between plaster and frame.6 It wasn't long before I had removed all plaster between my desk8 and my dresser7. Feeling quite content with my (anti)decorations, I sat down to enjoy a nice cup of absence. It was then that I saw a shadow.9 I grabbed my dresser10 and tossed it to the floor. I gripped the edges of the hole-in-the-wall and peeked my head around the tattered drywall11 corner. Inside, I saw something intriguing, so I stepped in to take a closer look.12



1. Not directly, but peripherally.
2. (Blue BiC MatiC grip, 0.7mm #2)
3. F1D1 = F2D2
4. absinthe
5. tucked betwixt a Bible and box of KleenexTM
6. Funny story about a frame, once I was at a friend's house, one that I had known for years, and I noticed none of the people in the pictures on his mantle resembled him or any of his family. I'd seen this before, but I decided to ask anyway. "Who are these people? Did you forget to take the display photos out?" He replied suspiciously, "No. That is my family." Closer examination revealed he was right.
7. Desk should be listed first.
8. Dresser should be listed first.
9. A [w]hole.
10. My desk.
11. plaster
12. What I hadn't counted on was the landlord13 arriving to repair a hole some idiot apparently punched into the wall.
13. A carpenter by trade.

6 comments:

  1. oh my!
    get out of the wallll!
    this is very amusing, i enjoyed it greatly :)

    monaria..

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then?????????????????????????

    cella

    ReplyDelete
  3. aha! you're clever. footnotes don't need socks, silly! they have slippers.

    <3 swinshar

    heheheh. you think that's a schwinn...burrn after readin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. if i had a nickle for every time that happend to me this would still be a great story with a unique and intreeging use of footnotes - thanx for the prayer Ande

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I ask....why do people always have to go inside for a look? Don't they watch horror movies!!! NEVER EVER go in the hole!!!!!!!!!

    Druggie....LOL. I never inhaled!!!

    comyte

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would love a church wide animal masquerade! however, i'm not gonna be home for the majority of Christmas break. from the 21st to the 1st i'm on vacation. :( after that?

    <3 reful almost refuel. that silly e again.

    ReplyDelete