Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sending a Letter

It sits on my desk, stamped and addressed,
waiting to hear your reply. I pace and obsess,
exhausted and stressed, for forgiveness or
a final goodbye.

The thoughts still persist, (although I resist),
what exactly your silence implies. I ball up my fist
at the chaps you have kissed, in response
to my ignorant lies.

My stomach is churning, my tongue is still burning,
as days and then months filter by. Though the thought is concerning,
I think that I’m learning, it may not be
worth it to try.

And so standing, convicted, your ghost is evicted,
I burn up your letter and sigh, no longer afflicted
and just as predicted, I knew you
would never reply.

4 comments:

  1. i have written something similar to this. is it true though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I would have responded to you. Promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. is this the one you used for class?


    redleco.
    what's a leco?
    apparently i have a red one

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad, because this is lovely
    &
    i didn't want it to be a blue jay or a crow, that would be silly!

    lolli.
    lollipop lollipop lolli lolli lolli lollipop

    ReplyDelete