Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'm freaking out man

You are freaking out...man...

Finals are coming. Am I ready? No. Am I overloaded? Yes.

Summer is coming. Am I ready? No. No word yet on the job I not only desperately want but feel that I need, in every fiber of my being. Everything in my daily life feels like its funneling me towards this opportunity and I love that, but the fact is, I don't know who's decision it is to make and I'm not entirely sure those people know me well enough to see it. Furthermore, my ability to find a second job (or rather a first job, should I not be accepted) is handcuffed by my knowing whether or not I can commit full time or only part time, thus restricting my ability to be interviewed for other jobs.
I have to sublet also.

Fall comes after that and our senior scheduling is so messed up, I couldn't make the schedule I wanted, which has forced me out of the glorious position at the music library. I have to find a new job and I really have no idea how I'll have time for it. Except weekends. I won't make enough money, I know it. Thanks to the scheduling process, my schedule is so spread out, and no, not all my first or second choices made it. I assume the advisers patted themselves on the back for giving me a less-stressful and compact schedule, but what they don't realize is that my schedule needs to be compact so I can WORK.

Now I can either search for a fall job or study. Or flounder in fear of further financial restriction.

Every semester, I become increasingly aware of the true potential behind the term "poor college student."

4 comments:

  1. :S lool... yeah "poor college student".
    Good luck :S.
    Mar*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a deep breath. It'll work out.
    Besides, you only have one shot at being a poor college student...might as well do it the right way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stress levels are high. but do not fear the things of this world my friend. God can use your sparatic nonsense of a schedule to open opertunities where you can make a difference in someones life. Itll work out. it always does.. and for the record. your not a bad student. you care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I am able to say is that you know how to let go and let God.
    That is the only advice I can come up with right now
    ((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete