Friday, November 21, 2008

Corners

The room was dark. I guess it was at least. The corners were dark. I don't remember much about the center of the room. Just those corners. Shadows lurking where the walls met. Even more so where those walls met with the floor. Such perfect symmetry, ninety degree angles. Obscured completely. A pity, such art disguised by such black. Such horrible black. Shadows lurked in those corners. He lurked in those corners. I saw him there. Many times. I think. I actually haven't seen him. I've never seen him but I know he's there. In the corners. Lurking. Watching me. He studies me and my routine. Waiting for the moment to strike. I assume he's waiting for me to be at my most vulnerable...sleep. That's what I would do. Oh, but I have the upper hand. I'll just never sleep. I'll change my routine. Now I just stare back at him. Waiting. Waiting for him to give up. To move on. He hasn't yet. He will.

1 comment:

  1. He is more afraid of you than you think. You are covered in Light.

    ReplyDelete