Monday, July 20, 2009

year 3

I had a dream last night.
Well. Most nights, but rarely do I remember the details to this extent.

We stood in a field, a number of us. I knew no one. But I wasn't me. There was a road, a path. I knew people. Bill Murray was there. Maybe it was Bill Maher. They look a bit alike. The point of view shifted between a young boy, and Bill Murray/Maher. Hundreds walked along the path until a blue bubbly city began reaching up over the horizon, from a forest, seemingly. It resembled the Emerald City as far as skylines go, but it was a deep blue and the ever-growing tentacles (that looked like buildings until they curved in towards us) could only be described in shape as the predetermined paths everyone follows in Donnie Darko. Someone screamed. Bill took the boy by the arm and thrashed his way through the crowd in the direction opposite the one-way path. The urgency was that of trying to outrun a dropping bomb. The blue enveloped us. Creatures stood over a number of people, picking out a few at a time. We tried to remain unnoticed. Those who were chosen were subjected to an apparatus that took something from them. Soul? Life-force? It was important. A few tried to escape. They were quickly chosen. The boy stood behind the leg of the massive creature, still unnoticed. He ran. I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment