Friday, December 12, 2008

My, my

The general gave the order and almost immediately the brightest of brights filled the horizon. Even behind my opaque glasses I felt sick from the blinding flash of death followed by a deafening boom, seconds later. A horrible cloud rose into the air and a wave of disaster swept across the deserted land. Even several miles away I felt the Evil rise into the sky with pillars of vile fumes and heartless flame. I envisioned the untold terrors that would become reality as a direct result of this detonation. I saw innocent lives consumed and countless other lives ruined. I saw the annihilation of God's given land and the infection of radiation. Nothing would survive. No good can come of this.


The general gave the order and almost immediately the brightest of brights filled the horizon. Even behind my opaque glasses I felt fulfillment from the glorious flash of life followed by a victorious boom, seconds later. A beautiful cloud rose into the air and a wave of redemption swept across the empty field. Even several miles away I felt the Greater Good rise into the sky with an obelisk of mist and glowing embers. I envisioned the parades of success that would become reality as a direct result of this detonation. I saw innocent lives saved and countless others relieved. I saw the recovery of God's given land and the triumphant return of order. We will survive. Only good can come of this.

3 comments:

  1. An extremely interesting commentary. Certainly making one think.


    betosp

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool. two sides. one mind. parallel. and completely different. sounds alarmingly like my brain. heh. we need to get animal masks this week.

    <3 phine. i'm just phine, thank you. and yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hm . dang. its good. i never thought of the second view point before. ive never really seen it expressed. well done ande good use of whatever awesome literary term describes what you did there. but truly i enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete